Topic: War of Ninja: The Future

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on September 24, 2014 at 2:19 PM
6 thumbs up
Nori, Wolf of the Seishin

Contribution: 2,123 (1,747 + 376)
As many of you know, there has been a lull in administrator activity on the mainsite, and many of you have been wondering why. Today, we answering your question with the announcement of a brand new War of Ninja endeavour which is, as of this moment, unnamed. Designed to run on tablets, this new game will be set in the War of Ninja universe and will streamline many of the features present in the web game to make the game more approachable and fun to play in a handheld format. Due to the complexity of the transformation of the game engine to make it possible to run on a tablet, the browser game's updates have been postponed, as both Yukigaaru and Yuudai have had to dedicate large portions of their time to making the adaptations which will lead War of Ninja into this new format.

At present, there is no hard release date on this new version, and it will continue to require the administration’s full attention. We understand that this may frustrate some of you, but we believe that with the new War of Ninja all the staff’s hard work and the userbase’s patience will be rewarded with a shining new age for the game.

To ensure the new version of the game is completed in a reasonable timeframe, the administration will continue to focus its effort on creating the best game it can for the new format. Nori will continue to keep the userbase updated as we move forward, and will also continue to handle communication between the userbase and the administration. Please field any questions to the administrators either in this thread or to Nori directly.

As for the future, it is impossible to tell where these efforts will lead us, but we have high hopes and wish to see you there with us when we take this next step. We thank you for sticking with us through the good times and the bad, and look forward to making a great future for War of Ninja together with you.

-The War of Ninja Administration

Big thanks to JoeTurtle for this one^^

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Not sure who Akatsuki is? Check out the Akatsuki Clan Topic!
  Posted on September 24, 2014 at 2:23 PM
llui, Lackey of the BETA

Contribution: 456 (383 + 73)
Wow, these are good news (staff is still hardly working in WoN)... Sadly, I don't have any tablet :(.

I will wait. I will still playing WoN.
  Posted on September 24, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Luxvan, Dreamer

Contribution: 67 (38 + 29)
Oh. Tablet. Ehhhhh. Mostly 'cuz I don't have a tablet, though.

My concern, though, is the postponed updates here. They can't find someone else to help out or update the site? And how long will this postponement be, at least estimated?

But I wish the best for Yuudai and Yuki.
  Posted on September 24, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 thumbs up
Awood2009, The Untouchable Commander, Top 1000 of PLS-3

Contribution: 96 (85 + 11)
So would the rest of us who dont have tablets still play the new system?
  Posted on September 24, 2014 at 3:32 PM
2 thumbs up
daumis1992, The Relaxed Tactician of the Ancestors

Contribution: 218 (181 + 37)
Sadly as pc gamer, tablets have nothing to do with me, but I thought you would announce what were discussion on what players wrote in the google document and how to improve this version rather than abandon unfinished project and move on.
  Posted on September 24, 2014 at 3:41 PM
2 thumbs up
Tir, The First Child of the Nobles

Contribution: 95 (77 + 18)
To be honest, I feel like the members here are pretty disappointed seeing as how many people were actually hyped up about the document that they completed together. I was expecting more of this was about that thing.

I do have an iPad though, which is nice.
  Posted on September 24, 2014 at 3:54 PM
6 thumbs up
Shikate, The Untouchable Shadow of the Ancients

Contribution: 841 (702 + 139)
Well that it exactly what staff does everytime people expect some big changes for the better. Do we really have to wait so much time just to see announcement about tablets? If staff really thinks that WoN has got already full attention of PC gamers (and 30 players prove it), so it's needed to create game for tablets, then something is wrong in admins' way of thinking.

I don't know what to think about this. Do You agree or disagree with me? ...
  Posted on September 24, 2014 at 4:20 PM
11 thumbs up
zacrathedemon5, The Manipulative Defender of Santi

Contribution: 225 (171 + 54)
A few things need to be immediately addressed:

1. Will it be tablet-exclusive? Meaning, will the parts of the userbase who don't have a useable tablet (myself included) be exempt from playing the game? Is the WoN online which we know going to be abandoned?

2. Will anything that was discussed in the submitted document be addressed with this coming change? As it is now, the current WoN is still in need of basic repair (eliminating the lag, specifically).

Honestly, as it is now, this is soul-crushing news. With "there is no hard release date on this new version, and it will continue to require the administration’s full attention", meaning that for an indefinite amount of time the game we want to play will remain untouched, it really sounds like the final nail has been driven into War of Ninja's coffin.

It doesn't help that there was also no communication with the userbase about the possibility of this change beforehand. Then again, it's entirely possible they're just plain abandoning us in favor of the hope of an entirely new userbase with the jump to mobile.

I'll try hoping that something will magically change, that they'll decide to at least apply basic repair to the current game before continuing this endeavor. If not, it sounds like I need to prepare myself to bid WoN a reluctant, permanent farewell.

Sig made by InsanityisArt (Soul Arena member)
  Posted on September 24, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 thumbs up
edwinas5524, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Nobles

Contribution: 2,382 (2,161 + 221)
Shikate wrote:

Well that it exactly what staff does everytime people expect some big changes for the better. Do we really have to wait so much time just to see announcement about tablets? If staff really thinks that WoN has got already full attention of PC gamers (and 30 players prove it), so it's needed to create game for tablets, then something is wrong in admins' way of thinking.

I don't know what to think about this. Do You agree or disagree with me? ...

wow this is cool, like we expected this new update is so useful and worth waiting, just like new looks...

but for real I think yuki and yuudai, doesn't pay attention to this game anymore, because if they would, they would see that this game is dead, and it needs more improvements here before this tablet system.... and anyway why put so much work on something that works already fine, I mean if you have flash player, you can play WoN throught tablets and phones... also there will be many bugs (like in this version) so they gonna spend more time fixing them and we're gonna be left out again...
  Posted on September 24, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Luxvan, Dreamer

Contribution: 67 (38 + 29)
I know this isn't totally about WoN, but I'd like to know if this will affect the other two arenas as well. I know the webbies don't have full involvement with them, but they still at least need to do something in order for something to update on those websites.
I also agree with the above. I understand the desire to move on to mobile platforms; this game obviously isn't expanding and has at least been given some demand for a mobile app, (Granted, people want an android app, but ehhh, baby steps.) but I'd at least like the current sites to work correctly...
  Posted on September 24, 2014 at 5:10 PM
VertuHonagan, The Old Samurai of the Ancients

Contribution: 888 (803 + 85)
I guess it's time for me to quit this game as well. It was great fun while here, but I have no tablet nor do I have any intention of ever getting one. This is just terrible news and I wish they would have just done what they should have done from the start. That was quit remaking the game and just give us the updates that we deserved. WoN reborn was not needed and nor is this stupid tablet game. Seriously all we ever wanted was R3. Now that I know it's guaranteed that that will never come, I have no point being here. This was a great game with tons of potential and I used to love playing it, but this is just too much for me. I'm out.
  Posted on September 24, 2014 at 5:29 PM
1 thumbs up
Sakon, The Manipulative Savior

Contribution: 89 (54 + 35)
I'm kinda tech-nooby but does this mean WoN will also be playable on Smart phones in some way? Not a hellaton of people have tablets, unlike smartphones and as proven by games like Brave Frontier and Battle Gems the mobile game market is really prosperous.

If they are unable to make it for smart phones, I highly suggest they drop the time / resources they will put into the tablet project and try their hardest to work on making it smartphone friendly.

It has a chance to thrive there, not so much here or on tablets.
  Posted on September 24, 2014 at 5:40 PM
6 thumbs up
Gomla, The Serving Saint

Contribution: 44 (35 + 9)
Well then, I was hoping for an improvement to what they currently have, but the admins spreading themselves even more thin than what they currently are honestly does more harm than good...
<---- by Zxcvbnm843 , avy by Deathshadowdie
  Posted on September 24, 2014 at 5:44 PM
2 thumbs up
*Tim, Recruit

Contribution: 9 (4 + 5)
I want to get into this game I do, but spreading to tablet based technology isn't the best idea since simply put, less people own tablets than computers. I don't feel anyone would buy a tablet just to play this game either.
  Posted on September 24, 2014 at 8:01 PM
8 thumbs up
Trucy, The Golden Child

Contribution: 118 (53 + 65)
Dedicating most of your time onto putting WoN on tablet instead of actually doing things that the current WoN needs? Sounds like a great idea! This feels like the items week, font update mess. I don't even own a tablet.

This whole tablet thing probably won't get you very far or if anywhere but it's good to remain hopefully I guess.