Topic: War of Ninja: The Future

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on September 25, 2014 at 6:43 AM
6 thumbs up
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
Well I don't have a tablet, nor will I be getting one. I doubt a large portion of the community possesses one either. So if you're prepared to work your assess off for another year in order to please a very small demographic, go for it. Not the brightest decision though.
  Posted on September 25, 2014 at 6:56 AM
1 thumbs up
Awood2009, The Untouchable Commander, Top 1000 of PLS-3

Contribution: 96 (85 + 11)
After reading some of the posts Before Nori made his post, it seemed like there were a lot of technical flaws in this "future" post. Some of these posts were actually really good posts and had some good points in it.

On the flip-side, take it into fact that this is a "future" update so it's not going to happen right away. What I think might happen is its going to start with the following in this order:

1. Fixing Major Issues-this could take a while to do possibly a week or two depending on how serious these problems are.

2. Fixing Minor Issues-this may seem stupid, but if you really think about it..this could be what we posted on google docs. This could very well be a step into repairing this game. I mean releasing a character would be good, but what about the "new UI" that needs fixed or the battle screen.

3. Character Balances-seeing how there are a ton of characters to nerf/boost/rework, this could take a good week or two depending on how many people are on the balancing team.

4. Other Miscellaneous Items-this includes new characters, new regions, or a totally different story. Stuff like this needs to be AFTER the repairs, just because this could be another factor as to why people quit playing.

5. The Future-This would definitely be the last step simply because once everything is running back smoothly, then the integration of the tablet and smart phone to utilize WoN software. This should be maybe a year on down the road once they see that the population is back to where it was.
  Posted on September 25, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1 thumbs up
Luxvan, Dreamer

Contribution: 67 (38 + 29)
naul119 wrote:

So they're not going to fix the admin control panel of naruto arena just because this $#?*????

It'd really be nice if they were at least blunt with us instead of hiding from everybody. If you want us to go #**@ ourselves, okay fine. It'd be better than not saying anything at all. (It would imply it, but in an even crappier way.) If you legitimately can't do it, okay fine. If you can reset a swapper, then post an announcement for the love of christ.

Here's something, even if I had a tablet, I wouldn't be supporting the app if they sit in the shadows the whole time. If you want people to support you, then don't walk away from them.

Hell, I'd say just forget about the idea right now, since not even the avid WoN players are fans of it. But then again, they don't listen to their own admins.

(this is a stark contrast to my earlier posts because i haven't been awake for 15 hours and i'm actually using my brain now btw)
  Posted on September 25, 2014 at 10:01 PM
6 thumbs up
Ryu, Prisoner

Contribution: 470 (389 + 81)
Expanding WoN to tablets is a good idea, but badly timed. The admins want to remake the game engine, so they likely wanted to make sure it worked on tablets before updating the browser version which they know will be fine. I do however think that the admins neglect their players way too much, they should be worshipping players and posting some news/updates weekly (anything from a typo fix to new content). They should have taken a week and fixed as many bugs as possible on the game and forum, released a balance update (if needed), and released a tiny bit of new content or whole new region (finishing the region first if needed). This would have restored player trust and players would be happy/content while the admins started working on the tablet update.
daryel-arena wrote:

Keep posting feigned attempts to entice the 2 people who play this game to keep logging in another day while the thousands on the other 2 sites are left wondering if there will ever be updates or fixes to the Admin CP. As well, waste of time IMO to sell this as 'tablet based', if it's not playable on a smartphone who will exactly play it? The user rate of Phones to tablets must be 4/5:1 or more, as well, still remarkably less than those who have access to a PC capable of playing War of Ninja.
#R.I.P NA/SA.

My question I guess would be...It would be nice if the Administrators, not Nori , because let's face it, all he does is write , not code (no offense intended I think), could answer if they're going to give up on the Web-based version of this Website, and in turn the other 2 that shall not be named, when this 'tablet' transition occurs.

Don't touch it Tsugaga or I'll repost. I was on-topic.

The admins do this as their job, they aren't allowed to profit off of NA/SA as far as I know (using ads to pay server costs doesn't count), so they give very little attention to those sites, which is made apparent by the user run forums.

I'd assume they would expand to phones after the tablet, if they can make it work on a small screen. I doubt they would abandon the web based version, but it will likely have little to no attention for awhile longer.

Also, relax, I only delete posts that break rules.
NelielChan wrote:

And just like Josh said, I'll have this on a notepad document in case this gets deleted, and I'm not afraid to repost. My opinion shouldn't be quieted just because I'm not in awe of this amazing update.

Posts only get deleted if they break rules, so relax, disagreeing/not liking an update isn't against rules.
  Posted on September 26, 2014 at 1:15 AM
2 thumbs up
daryel-arena, Fugitive of the BETA

Contribution: 13 (5 + 8)
Ryu wrote:

Expanding WoN to tablets is a good idea, but badly timed. The admins want to remake the game engine, so they likely wanted to make sure it worked on tablets before updating the browser version which they know will be fine. I do however think that the admins neglect their players way too much, they should be worshipping players and posting some news/updates weekly (anything from a typo fix to new content). They should have taken a week and fixed as many bugs as possible on the game and forum, released a balance update (if needed), and released a tiny bit of new content or whole new region (finishing the region first if needed). This would have restored player trust and players would be happy/content while the admins started working on the tablet update.

(...)
The admins do this as their job, they aren't allowed to profit off of NA/SA as far as I know (using ads to pay server costs doesn't count), so they give very little attention to those sites, which is made apparent by the user run forums.

I'd assume they would expand to phones after the tablet, if they can make it work on a small screen. I doubt they would abandon the web based version, but it will likely have little to no attention for awhile longer.

Also, relax, I only delete posts that break rules.

(...)
Posts only get deleted if they break rules, so relax, disagreeing/not liking an update isn't against rules.

This is widely realized, I get it, copyrights blah blah @2 Sites. The problem with Admins (GT/Mark) is they're literally non-existent. They DO NOT TALK to their WoN userbase at all it seems (lately), and Nori seems to have to fight through waves of bullshit to even post any relevant content anymore. This is horrible timing, and PR for them and it will eat away at the existing playerbase if they keep being silent. ANY type of changes, or updates, other than 'hold on here's something to tide you over', would be a step in the right direction. I'm not sure why they are so quiet, it isn't hard for a simple post, or action, out of the two of them. It seems it's a struggle to even vie for their attention anymore. Maybe they have blinders on working on this Tablet version, hopefully that's it. I just wish there didn't seem to be a missing link here which this atmosphere perpetuates this type of feeling. Just a post... from them, saying more specific goals, timelines, ambitions, that they care about their existing players, would be helpful at this point.
|| N-B Showcase || I.Am.Entity ~13th || TwiS <3 ||
  Posted on September 26, 2014 at 6:25 AM
Bug_Catcher, Prisoner

Contribution: 74 (48 + 26)
Nori wrote:

I can try have balance added to my acp. I'll talk about that tonight.

Sorry to waste space with just one simple question, but what is ACP?
  Posted on September 26, 2014 at 6:44 AM
MitzT, Smoker of the Winter

Contribution: 629 (529 + 100)
I'm saddened by the fact that it is such a lackluster update once again. I do have access to a tablet every now and then so I'll probably be able to check it out, though honestly I don't think it'd change anything at all. the existing playerbase will drop by a lot because of this migration to tablets. The admins that can code are only Yuuki and Yuudai but like this they're wearing themselves thin even more.

on top of that, since they're full focusing on something that most of the players won't even be able to make use of, this frustrates people more and more. we don't know how long this is going to take, and frankly, I'm not willing to wait another year for 2 items and then them heading off again to migrate to Wii U.

I'll see how this goes for a couple months but if this takes too long I'm definitely out.
  Posted on September 26, 2014 at 8:44 AM
Ryu, Prisoner

Bug_Catcher wrote:

Sorry to waste space with just one simple question, but what is ACP?

Admin Control Panel
  Posted on September 26, 2014 at 9:03 AM
1 thumbs up
edwinas5524, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Nobles

Contribution: 2,382 (2,161 + 221)
daryel-arena wrote:

(...)
This is widely realized, I get it, copyrights blah blah @2 Sites. The problem with Admins (GT/Mark) is they're literally non-existent. They DO NOT TALK to their WoN userbase at all it seems (lately), and Nori seems to have to fight through waves of bullshit to even post any relevant content anymore. This is horrible timing, and PR for them and it will eat away at the existing playerbase if they keep being silent. ANY type of changes, or updates, other than 'hold on here's something to tide you over', would be a step in the right direction. I'm not sure why they are so quiet, it isn't hard for a simple post, or action, out of the two of them. It seems it's a struggle to even vie for their attention anymore. Maybe they have blinders on working on this Tablet version, hopefully that's it. I just wish there didn't seem to be a missing link here which this atmosphere perpetuates this type of feeling. Just a post... from them, saying more specific goals, timelines, ambitions, that they care about their existing players, would be helpful at this point.

they don't talk to us because last time they were here it was like two months ago, also with stuff like this (moving to tablets) is like another slap to our faces, first it was rpg which was kinda active 1st month, but without 80% of our vets, and now to hear about this update I'm wondering (if WoN survives) how many vets we'll have.... also I really don't get it... it was same before reborn and they were so excited with new system and so many hopes and promises that we won't leave you without updates, but.... but.... why are you promising things and you know you can't keep those promises.... I think even if they are just two (yuki and yuudai) they could split time yuki does everything here and yuudai works on tablets version, I know it would took longer to make it, but this site needs attention too, you can't ignore something and do other jobs, its like a cheating wife (or husband) comes back home and be like ''sorry I promise I won't do it again, thanx for waiting''....
  Posted on September 26, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Ryu, Prisoner

Let's try to avoid any ranting about the Admins.
edwinas5524 wrote:

I think even if they are just two (yuki and yuudai) they could split time yuki does everything here and yuudai works on tablets version, I know it would took longer to make it, but this site needs attention too, you can't ignore something and do other jobs, its like a cheating wife (or husband) comes back home and be like ''sorry I promise I won't do it again, thanx for waiting''....

Splitting the work like that wouldn't work. They both do different things and have different knowledge, I don't think each of them separately is capable of doing everything themselves. Also, I believe Yuki is the main coder and knows more (he's also said this, though he could have been kidding), so whatever doesn't have Yuki's attention would likely be slowed quite a bit. They work best when working together.
  Posted on September 26, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 thumbs up
Tenkei, Prisoner

Contribution: 10 (8 + 2)
Ryu wrote:

Let's try to avoid any ranting about the Admins.

(...)
Splitting the work like that wouldn't work. They both do different things and have different knowledge, I don't think each of them separately is capable of doing everything themselves. Also, I believe Yuki is the main coder and knows more (he's also said this, though he could have been kidding), so whatever doesn't have Yuki's attention would likely be slowed quite a bit. They work best when working together.

That doesn't mean they can't hire at least one extra person.

If money is the problem, take a look at indiegogo
I can't wait for myself to be released!
  Posted on September 26, 2014 at 9:42 PM
1 thumbs up
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
Nori wrote:

I can try have balance added to my acp. I'll talk about that tonight.

Just want to say that if you're going to do balancing, get in touch with Roach. He's the best balancer WoN has ever had.

About the update, hopefully the tablet servers and pc servers are the same, so that there will be a much bigger pool of players. Branching out isn't a bad idea, but branching out is not a good one when it's coming from a dying tree. Maintain your base first, then go looking for more avenues to conquer. Gl.
  Posted on September 27, 2014 at 6:11 AM
Awood2009, The Untouchable Commander, Top 1000 of PLS-3

Contribution: 96 (85 + 11)
Well...the way I look at it and feel free to correct me, but you have to give Nori the benefit of the doubt. He pretty much told us what the other admins wanted to tell us. So with that being said, I don't think the tablets and phones would be that much of a problem. If they do end up fixing things before they want to do anything drastic like the tablets or even releasing new content, is to make sure that it works before releasing it...like beta testing it.

But as far as WoN Vets go...there is a dying breed, but I am a WoN vet that will still support whatever the admins do. I have complained in the past (apologies on my part) about the way things were going...but thats me speaking as a WoN vet who wants to see this site brought back to the way it was.
  Posted on September 27, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Nori, Wolf of the Seishin

Contribution: 2,123 (1,747 + 376)
When I say I'll try do balancing, I mean I'll manually enter it and qualified people will do the actual figuring out. But I've not got onto them yet, so we'll see where that goes.

And don't apologise for complaints, if everyone just said yes and moved on we'd be no where right now. So it's cool, just make sure you find the line where it stops being helpful and constructive, coz when that gets crossed we've got trouble.

Big thanks to JoeTurtle for this one^^

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Not sure who Akatsuki is? Check out the Akatsuki Clan Topic!
  Posted on September 27, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Demonkings, The Golden Demon

Contribution: 1,488 (1,318 + 170)
Well I do have an IPad, so I'm kinda looking forward to this considering that I spend most of my time outside away from my computer.Though I generally use only my phone though.

On the positive side, this new version MAY get more people to play the game/know more about WoN.Plus, I believe the admins can earn a little bit of cash when people download the app which can be used to fund War of Ninja. So if you think about it, it's actually a good move.

While as I prefer to see the game being updated like many others would,I'm sure we can also still agree that unlike other games such as LoL, "Arena games" simply aren't that popular at this point of time. So putting in the effort to try to make the game better so to please everyone including myself as compared to creating an App for War of Ninja may not be the best course of action in contrast to many of our hardcore fans' beliefs.
Spoiler

This should have been done ages ago so all this drama wouldn't have existed. :(

Spoiler

My effort in achievements is going to be wasted sadly, but sacrifices have to be made Q.Q. Including Marcel's and Edwin's.