Topic: Nori: A Re-Introduction

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on April 5, 2015 at 4:35 PM
Nori, Wolf of the Seishin

Contribution: 2,123 (1,747 + 376)
Tablet version has nothing to do with me, but from what I can gather they're still working on it and it's taking up more or less all their time.

Big thanks to JoeTurtle for this one^^

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Not sure who Akatsuki is? Check out the Akatsuki Clan Topic!
  Posted on April 5, 2015 at 9:58 PM
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
Oh okay, I was just worried that they dropped all projects entirely. That being said, I sure would love to see the browser version worked on, but that's like squeezing blood from a stone. Not to mention, since you are involved in this version that means we would have more juicy lore to elatedly anticipate.
  Posted on April 6, 2015 at 10:36 AM

Well from what I gather by talking to some random chick that knows yuudai, the reason I'm not hearing from them is they are crazy busy. Which I think is a good sign.

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Posted on April 6, 2015 at 5:14 PM
edwinas5524, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Nobles

Contribution: 2,382 (2,161 + 221)
Nori wrote:

Well from what I gather by talking to some random chick that knows yuudai, the reason I'm not hearing from them is they are crazy busy. Which I think is a good sign.

if she's hot gimme her contacts... also yeah I think it would be best if there would be one more admin who would be in charge here while they are working on updates... and I also think you should move this to other section, because its not re-introduction topic anymore...
  Posted on April 6, 2015 at 7:17 PM
Shikate, The Untouchable Shadow of the Ancients

Contribution: 841 (702 + 139)
I'm aware that they are busy because of their lifes, not War of Ninja... They are much less active on the site and forum than usually. But maybe it's a good sign just because it means that there is a reason why work on WoN slowed down.
  Posted on April 7, 2015 at 3:32 PM
Bug_Catcher, Prisoner

Contribution: 74 (48 + 26)
edwinas5524 wrote:

(...)

if she's hot gimme her contacts...

...But then she wouldn't be able to see!
  Posted on April 7, 2015 at 3:41 PM

Bug_Catcher wrote:

(...)

...But then she wouldn't be able to see!

its going totally off topic and I'm sorry for that, but to see what?
  Posted on April 7, 2015 at 9:52 PM
Bug_Catcher, Prisoner

Contribution: 74 (48 + 26)
You said "gimme her contacts." Contacts are also known as contact lenses, the things you may wear instead of glasses to help you see better-- it was a play on words.
  Posted on April 8, 2015 at 8:25 AM

Bug_Catcher wrote:

You said "gimme her contacts." Contacts are also known as contact lenses, the things you may wear instead of glasses to help you see better-- it was a play on words.

you know what I was trying to say.... I could say gimme her number, but I guess nori don't have, but has something like skype, soooo..... and maybe she doesn't have contact lenses.....
  Posted on April 8, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Off topic is less of an issue in this thread. If someone wants to start an official "talking to nori while he tries to get something done but inevitably achieves very little" thread somewhere more relevant by all means do, else carry on here.

Posted on April 8, 2015 at 6:46 PM
Johnny(TM), The Untouchable Veteran

Contribution: 1,142 (856 + 286)
Nori wrote:

Off topic is less of an issue in this thread. If someone wants to start an official "talking to nori while he tries to get something done but inevitably achieves very little" thread somewhere more relevant by all means do, else carry on here.

I wanted to ask how is the planning goes? Did you made a schedule and a concept for the work?
  Posted on April 10, 2015 at 1:42 AM

More like I have sent a few messages to the other admins, since I have literally no game powers at the moment because my ip isn't set up with the acp. Without access to my admin powers we are relying on those two to get around to sorting stuff out.

Posted on April 10, 2015 at 8:17 AM

at least in game chat could be fixed.....
  Posted on April 10, 2015 at 7:43 PM
FalcoVet101, The Respected Captain of the BETA

Contribution: 193 (128 + 65)
Nori wrote:

Psh I always communicated plenty with the community, it's getting the two above me to do so that's the trick. Without their input I can't drag the game anywhere fast, so no promises but I'll do what I can. I've messaged them, am waiting on a response.

I stop by the homepage every day just to see if the game is finally gone. This is my first day in a while that I stopped by the forums so I'm sorry for the extremely late reply.

Honestly, those two have the same problem here as they did with NA. They stopped caring. The game was deemed a failure so they will most likely refuse to add any new features or support to the game/forum. I'm sorry, but as everyone most likely knows me from NB and NA, I know this information first hand.

What many people do not know is that when WoN was originally launched and player rates declined not too long after, I actually talked with one of them on how to give the game some more popularity. I forgot what all of my suggestions were, but I know that they were all rejected. This was also back in the days when I was an extremely active GM of NB and my passion for the games were at its peak.

If they are trying to still get the ipad/tablet version of WoN working, and make it successful, they need to take the time to reevaluate the entirety of the game first. Along with that, I really hope that they strongly consider updating NA with a better engine. In reality, NA and SA players were essentially the "founders" of WoN. That is their starting demographic. If they can get that player base back/keep it, WoN has the possibility to grow again.

However at the moment, WoN is essentially like that annoying little brother that keeps begging you to play with him, and when you finally decide to give in you realize his definition of "playing" is you hide in a specific spot that he tells you to while he goes and "finds" you. You're left bored while your brother screams "haha, gotcha!" for the third time that week.

Also, rather than a tablet version, I think they should focus mainly on Androids and iPhones. NA is a game like Puzzle Quest. Play a quick round and if you're still on the toilet, keep playing, or if you need to head out, just close it out and come back later to it. Tablets and ipads just seem too "big" a system to support a game style like WoN. Hell, it was dated on PCs the day it was released. The admins didn't realize at the time that the age of flash games was coming to an end. Granted, we still have simple games out there now. I personally play Marvel Puzzle Quest and am a very active Hearthstone player.

But the difference is that for MPQ, I can use my phone for it. It's small and I can play a game anywhere in 5 minutes and come back later. I don't need a PC for it. Hearthstone, on the other hand, feels like a "real" video game (aka, not a flash game that's extremely dated). I use my PC for it mostly, and am eagerly awaiting the iPhone version (as I don't have an ipad to play it there). Blizzard can make an extremely complex game, or a simple game. Their track record proves it. And you know what? A lot of Hearthstone players were originally WoW players or Starcraft players. Both old games that Blizzard keeps updating. They know how to keep players playing.

Tl;dr: The admins don't know how to keep players playing and refuse to accept that the flash game style is practically dead. Their only hope is to reinvigorate the players of their original games, NA and SA, so that the player base returns. Also, screw the ipad, the need to focus on call phones. Even Nintendo is about to get in on that market.

Click here to see my WoN achievement suggestion. Thumb,comment,etc!
Want to see my first review of WoN? Then go here!
My latest review on WoN updates: here.Thumb,comment,etc!
My record against the WoN staff
NB Staff- 2
WoN Staff- 0
  Posted on April 10, 2015 at 7:56 PM

well what you said is true in some things, but you bring here NA, I think NA is still active? also if you wanna quick game like you said (I agree on this one) we should bring old system back and I think its not going to happen....