Topic: War of Ninja-Something Something-By Nori

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on January 21, 2017 at 12:52 PM
8 thumbs up
Nori, Wolf of the Seishin

Contribution: 2,123 (1,747 + 376)
So, Yuki has expressed an interest in WoN, but a lack of resources and time. If I could pin him down long enough to get him to give me back ACP and my admin powers I would do what I could to handle updates from here on our, but coding is not my strong point, and while I am trying to learn coding for mobile apps to assist Yuki in any future endeavours he may attempt, with no contact it is not easy to do.

So what can I do?

Well, as you all should know, I was and technically still am the lead writer and mind behind WoN's story and lore (the latter of which was solely my work for a long time, the other admins had no hand in it). I also, while bored, design physical games, as a hobby of sorts. So words and game mechanics are something I can do, but what to do with those skills?

It seems obvious, try to get WoN in a box in shops for people to play. Some of you may know, others may not, but the core engine behind NA, SA and WoN was initially devised as a kind of card game between Yuki and Yuudai. So this game has its origins on the tabletop. I want to do what I can to take it back there, to do whatever I can to salvage this universe and bring something to you guys, the vets who have hung around despite, well, everything.

So, in here I will keep you all updated on any and all progress I make. I can't make any promises, I will be starting study later this year and who knows what free time I will have then, but I have always been one for communication, I am in the discord if any of you need to find me, or you can post here and within a few days I will respond. It's not what we wanted, but damn it if it isn't something, and all it takes is one spark to start a fire. Why not see how far we can take this huh?

Big thanks to JoeTurtle for this one^^

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Not sure who Akatsuki is? Check out the Akatsuki Clan Topic!
  Posted on January 21, 2017 at 1:06 PM

This link should take you to part of my google drive. In doing so, you should be able to navigate what I'm planning for this as I write it. Post comments here and I'll check every day or so. Ideas are also welcome, the more we work together the better we can make this, and the less likely Yuki will close it down.

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Posted on January 23, 2017 at 8:26 PM
1 thumbs up
Encore, The Demonic Elite

Contribution: 1,703 (1,379 + 324)
I personally do not think a physical card game is the way forward. In my personal opinion, and it is just that, an opinion, card games should be complex within reason, which WoN is something that takes beyond that. I honestly believe the only way to continue is to keep it in the realm of technology. I am not spiting your efforts into making it a physical card game, in fact i usually encourage this type of behaviour, but thats just my two cents.

In all honesty, there will be no difficulty finding people to carry on this game for them. I personally have become quite skilled in some programming languages (studying computer science and all), and I know others who love this game are too. If perhaps we were given the opportunity to see how that would go, what harm could it do?

Now as you said, it's an issue of contacting those pesky admins (kek), so one obstacle at a time. I for one would love to give this a shot, and seeing as I could even turn this into something of a "final year project", I would get assistance from acclaimed programmers studying or already having PhD's, but i digress.

Why is contacting them so much of an issue if i may ask? Is it that they simply do not respond?
jeremiah gottwald 50% man 50% machine. 2000% loyalty

''Anything is possible'' - Yuudai. Hana X Tadashi confirmed 2013.
  Posted on January 23, 2017 at 8:53 PM

Yeah, Yuudai is off grid and Yuki is often quitr busy and checks discord like maybe once a month?

Posted on January 24, 2017 at 3:39 AM
Shikate, The Untouchable Shadow of the Ancients

Contribution: 841 (702 + 139)
Honestly it's a really cool idea. WoN resources are perfect for creating a psyhical card game. However, I'm somehow worried that it might not get enough advertisement. You have never implemented any pay-to-play or pay-to-win system in online version so maybe it would be much better to revive online WoN and try to support it with something like collector's edition which would contain a psyhical card game and some cosmetic or normal features in online version? Of course it would be much harder to create 2 things at once but actually those two games could greatly support each other. If you will decide to continue online version, you can work on psyhical card game in some free time and when you will finally decide to make psyhical card game, the interest in it might be a great reason to revive online game.

I wish you good luck and thanks for everything you done. WoN always felt like a professional game with big plans mostly thanks to your attention in it. If you will need something like donations or ideas, I would love to help.
  Posted on January 24, 2017 at 7:14 AM
allanate, The Twisted Kid

Contribution: 925 (857 + 68)
These days having a physical card game might not work too well unless its an established classic like pokemon/yugioh / Magic or whatever else. why not?

1. They were around in the 1900s-2000s so they are already popular enough to have a hardcore following. I mean if you have the resources to throw on advertisements to catch up or even get a viable share in that market then by all means...

2. Smartphones smartphones smartphones. Only times most people play card games are at small casual gatherings of some sort. Getting people to put down the phone and play a physical game will be hard enough.

Why not just make it into something like a mobile TCG? Hell even Yugioh and pokemon have made the move to PC and mobile devices. Bad blood and mabinogi duel can be an example of what I'm talking about.
<Links><Spirit Kings Clan Profile>
<Other Stuff<Drizzy Fan #1><Tyler the Creator fan #1><OFWGKTA>

Sigy Credits to GUILTSS
  Posted on January 25, 2017 at 3:45 AM
SenJouGahara, Prisoner

Contribution: 1 (1 + 0)
Im glad you got in touch with him. next time can you ask him to restore the acp for the admins or promote new admins, because because people really love that game. It has been a year without an update and the game is still averaging about 300 players a day.

As for the idea of making Won a card game, I strongly disagree with it. Most people playing this or who have played this, are familiar with the game due to N-A and S-A. I would really like to see this game back on its feet again. The concept of all three sites are genius and original.
  Posted on January 25, 2017 at 5:50 PM
Encore, The Demonic Elite

Contribution: 1,703 (1,379 + 324)
Nori wrote:

Yeah, Yuudai is off grid and Yuki is often quitr busy and checks discord like maybe once a month?

Well yes, so I suppose the next thing to do would be to let them pass on the baton to the next player. Im not quite sure why they haven't done that already, if it's a matter of ownership, writing up a contract/agreement wouldn't be so hard. Heck, they could just consider themselves "investors" or something. So yeah, ask yuki if he can, if not, ask him to spare like 30mins of his life for a talk, surely he can do that. No one is THAT busy.
jeremiah gottwald 50% man 50% machine. 2000% loyalty

''Anything is possible'' - Yuudai. Hana X Tadashi confirmed 2013.
  Posted on January 26, 2017 at 7:21 AM
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
Regardless of the medium used to revive this game, I'm all for it. I've always found the lore of each village and overall story to be my biggest draw to place. I feel cheated not finding out what happens next, as if given a book with only half the chapters.
  Posted on January 26, 2017 at 3:13 PM
1 thumbs up
MitzT, Smoker of the Winter

Contribution: 629 (529 + 100)
I feel like Yuki and Yuudai should pass on the torch, honestly.
WoN's had a good run under their care for a while, but now that they have no intentions of reviving this project of theirs, I feel like they should let someone who has a passion for the game do it in their stead.

I feel like Nori would be well suited to review applications for say programmers or artists or something. I think alot of us would be thrilled to get to work on a game we love dearly.

Whether or not this happens though, I'd like to ask you a little question about this: Have you guys been programming in AS3 or have you been using something else?

I'm currently following a Software Engineering study, and I'd sure as hell love to help revive this game in any way I can! It'd give me lots of experience, something to show for it and it'd be a passion project on top of all that!
  Posted on February 7, 2017 at 10:45 PM

I'm trying to work on getting at least one of them to do some work or pass it on but it's rarely they communicate, so my hopes are never high...

Posted on February 8, 2017 at 4:58 PM
Felisia, The Untouchable Dreamer of the Senboku

Contribution: 2 (2 + 0)
Well I think WON storyline could be turned into succesuful book if you ask me at least the storyline of old Won where your character was traveling all around villages and regions :D I personally miss that in this reborn version :D I havent finished the old storyline, I think I started kozan village when I stopped playing but Im back and I still enjoy this game ;)
  Posted on February 9, 2017 at 9:57 AM
MitzT, Smoker of the Winter

Contribution: 629 (529 + 100)
Nori wrote:

I'm trying to work on getting at least one of them to do some work or pass it on but it's rarely they communicate, so my hopes are never high...

this must be immensely frustrating for you too.. You're still on here trying to keep the hope of the player base alive, but are having trouble getting your peers to communicate..

Still, I commend you for all the work you do, you're the saving grace here, and I really hope either of them will see that and give you the power to keep the game going in some way.
  Posted on February 13, 2017 at 1:52 AM
1 thumbs up

Yuki is the only one of the two we've any hope of reaching. I'm very close to calling his parents and tracking him down

Posted on February 13, 2017 at 4:45 PM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,005 (1,806 + 199)
You should do that. Also does he not have cell?
Removed for ???