Topic: Official War of Ninja Library

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on April 16, 2011 at 12:36 AM
5 thumbs up
rurudo66, Hunter of Hanto

Contribution: 1,476 (1,274 + 202)
Hello and welcome to the War of Ninja library. Here, I will showcase the work of War of Ninja writers for all to see. It will be organized by writer and each writer will receive an overall score from my elite team of raters. If you are interested in being a rater, PM and I will decide if you are qualified for the job. Fair warning, if you would rate the works of crazymonkey anywhere above a 5/10, you will not be a rater. If you would rate the works of Karab anywhere below a 5/10, you will not be a rater. On another note, many of you may notice that Coolidger's writing guide says it is a library as well, but you also might notice that there is no library included in it, hence this topic.

Now, if you want your work to be displayed here, here are the rules:
1) If you write poetry, make a showcase of it. I will not go searching through the writing section to find every single one of your poems so I can post them here. For a poetry showcase, just copy and paste your poems into one topic.
2) If you write short stories(meaning one time stories, with no sequel or anything), make a showcase of them. In this situation, just post the links to all the stories in one topic.
3) If you have ongoing stories or a completed story spaced out over multiple parts or chapters, make a showcase of it. For this, include a description of the story with links to all the chapters. Character descriptions are always nice to have as well, but I won't make you write them if you don't want to.
4) Once you have made a showcase, PM the link.
5) If you have multiple ongoing stories, make separate showcases for each. Also, I will not consider it a showcase unless it has a minimum of four chapters in it.
6) If you have only posted one or two poems or short stories on the site, just PM the links to them and will add them.
7) If you do not want your work rated, do not send it to me. My raters will be as unbiased as possible and will give an honest score.
8) If your writing contains extremely explicit content, I will not add it here. If your writing receives a bad review, do not complain about it to me or anyone else. If you would like, you can ask to have both the links to your writing and the rating removed.
9) If you have showcases on Naruto Boards or Soul Boards, I will post links to them here as well.
10) Please note that all forum rules apply here. If you wish to criticize a user's writing, do it on their topic, not mine.

Authors

Rurudo66
The Twenty Zanpakuto(completed story)
The Six Swords(ongoing story)
Stan(short story)
The Devil's Darkness(poem)
Land of Demons(ongoing story, written in conjunction with TheSlimer3)

Taylor
Taylor's Poetry Showcase(poetry showcase, also includes a short text)

Deadsight
Deadsight's Wrting Showcase(includes links to his story, Ground Zero, and his poetry)

Enaki_Renraku
The Forum Board Chronicles(ongoing story)

Karab
Karab's Showcase(includes poetry and links to a short story)

Low
Low's Poetry Showcase(poetry)

Theslimer3
Sakuracchi Kouzai(ongoing story)
The Red Wolf(ongoing story)
Poetry Showcase(poetry)

Darkamante
Darkamante's WoN Poems

Lunar_Cry
Lunar Paradox(Luna's Poetry Showcase)

Zadion
Zadion's Poetic Showcase(poetry)

Scimitaro
Scimitaro's Poetry Showcase

Ratings

Karab's Rates
Taylor:
Originality: 7/10 (Tends to use the same kinds of themes)
Technique: 9/10 (Always in control of his sentences and structures, Nice use of word painting in some poems)
Style: 9/10 (Well-formed and yet is not scared to deviate)
Overall: 25/30

DeadSight:
Originality: 8/10 (Nicely varied themes, similar emotional outlooks)
Technique: 7/10 (Stories are fine, Poems tend to sound repetitive)
Style: 7/10 (Again Stories have a well developt style, Poems are fairly bland with no individual style as of yet)
Overall: 22/30

Enaki_Renraku:
Originality: 6/10 (Fairly original theme, but little work is put into characters due to the style of the piece)
Technique: 8/10 (Well written, but with very little in the way of emotive language)
Style: 7-9/10 (To early into the story line to tell, but as of now the style is fairly nice, but not amazing)
Overall: 22-24/30

Low:
Originality: 9/10 (Very original themes, emotions etc)
Technique: 4/10 (Needs serious work, Meaning is sacrificed for rhyme, which is unnecissary)
Style: ?/10 (To new to poetry to have developt a style yet, so I won't judge)
Overall: 13/20

Rurudo66:
Originality: 9/10 (Though his main-story is based off Bleach, all plotlines, characters and Zanpaktou are very original, All other works are original)
Technique: 9/10 (Writing is well controlled, No major mistakes)
Style: 9/10 (Has a nice flair as an author, has a distinct personnal touch)
Overall: 28/30

Lunar_Cry:
Originality: 7/10 (Nice use of similar themes to reflect different outlooks. However, there's no difference in style, leading to some stagnation)
Technique: 7/10 (Very good a rhyme, but the rhythm falters somewhat, especially in badly alliterated lines)
Style: 9/10 (Well developt style, however, there's very little experimentation)

More rates to come soon.
Epicurus wrote:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Marcus wrote:

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Posted on April 16, 2011 at 1:56 AM
DeathShadow, Prisoner

Contribution: 2,145 (1,751 + 394)
This is actually pretty nice. It will help me to find stories better. Thank you.
  Posted on April 17, 2011 at 8:44 PM
Theslimer3, The Innocent Kid of the BETA

Contribution: 333 (260 + 73)
Thanks man. I was waiting for someone to make one of these.
  Posted on April 19, 2011 at 6:47 PM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Contribution: 3,492 (3,159 + 333)
Phew, finally finished all my reading and ratings
Here are all my ratings of the people currently up, excluding myself naturally:

Taylor:
Originality: 7/10 (Tends to use the same kinds of themes)
Technique: 9/10 (Always in control of his sentences and structures, Nice use of word painting in some poems)
Style: 9/10 (Well-formed and yet is not scared to deviate)
Overall: 25/30

DeadSight:
Originality: 8/10 (Nicely varied themes, similar emotional outlooks)
Technique: 7/10 (Stories are fine, Poems tend to sound repetitive)
Style: 7/10 (Again Stories have a well developt style, Poems are fairly bland with no individual style as of yet)
Overall: 22/30

Enaki_Renraku:
Originality: 6/10 (Fairly original theme, but little work is put into characters due to the style of the piece)
Technique: 8/10 (Well written, but with very little in the way of emotive language)
Style: 7-9/10 (To early into the story line to tell, but as of now the style is fairly nice, but not amazing)
Overall: 22-24/30

Low:
Originality: 9/10 (Very original themes, emotions etc)
Technique: 4/10 (Needs serious work, Meaning is sacrificed for rhyme, which is unnecissary)
Style: ?/10 (To new to poetry to have developt a style yet, so I won't judge)
Overall: 13/20

Rurudo66:
Originality: 9/10 (Though his main-story is based off Bleach, all plotlines, characters and Zanpaktou are very original, All other works are original)
Technique: 9/10 (Writing is well controlled, No major mistakes)
Style: 9/10 (Has a nice flair as an author, has a distinct personnal touch)
Overall: 28/30

Lunar_Cry:
Originality: 7/10 (Nice use of similar themes to reflect different outlooks. However, there's no difference in style, leading to some stagnation)
Technique: 7/10 (Very good a rhyme, but the rhythm falters somewhat, especially in badly alliterated lines)
Style: 9/10 (Well developt style, however, there's very little experimentation)
-----------germ---------another germ---------------
-----------GERMS ALL OVER THE PLACE---------
Oh Look at that, looks like there's SO MANY MOD GERMS
Okay, who the flower's the smartass

Now THAT's just being a precious flower.

I am going to slam a lovely rainbow flower into your beautiful face you flower
  Posted on January 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Darkamante, The Lost Demon

Contribution: 677 (596 + 81)
If you could, please Add me there, don't know if I'm qualified cause I only write poems.

Topic: http://forums.warofninja.com/10124/darkamante-won-poems/

That's the only one, since I upload it with every poem (now only 2 avaible)

Thanks for anything in advance.
Don't mind me, just trying to reach #1 in the achievement ladder...

Zezima's second best player sponsored by Zezima Bank Inc.
Spoiler

I'm not playing this for now...sorry

Posted on January 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM
1 thumbs up

Darkamante wrote:

If you could, please Add me there, don't know if I'm qualified cause I only write poems.

Topic: http://forums.warofninja.com/10124/darkamante-won-poems/

That's the only one, since I upload it with every poem (now only 2 avaible)

Thanks for anything in advance.

Okay, will do.
Epicurus wrote:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Marcus wrote:

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Posted on July 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM
GENKI, Prisoner

Contribution: 145 (131 + 14)
compile one for me please!!!
Apparently answering the question “What do you like most in a woman?” with “my d*ck” gets you kicked off eHarmony
  Posted on July 16, 2012 at 4:25 PM

GENKI wrote:

compile one for me please!!!

If you could link me to a showcase of your poems that would be great. If you don't have one yet, then you should make one so I can link to it. It would be hard for me to track down every one of your poems and put them on here, so if you could make a showcase that would be much appreciated.
Epicurus wrote:

Marcus wrote:

Posted on September 18, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Scimitaro, The Masterful Defender of the Phoenix Queen

Contribution: 505 (443 + 62)
Here is my showcase

I want it here so more ppl will see it and ejoy it if they want and like it
  Posted on November 30, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Scimitaro wrote:

Here is my showcase

I want it here so more ppl will see it and ejoy it if they want and like it

Sorry it took me more than two years, but your showcase has been added.

Also, just wanted to remind people that this exists because I have not updated it in two years and I'm sure there have been some new writers between then and now. If anyone has a showcase or individual story they would like me to link to, please let me know.
Epicurus wrote:

Marcus wrote: