Topic: Favorite Movie or Television Quotes

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on September 13, 2011 at 10:59 PM
rurudo66, Hunter of Hanto

Contribution: 1,476 (1,274 + 202)
The name says it all. Post your favorite quotes form movies or television.

From Psych:
Shawn: Gus, don't be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Marzapan.
Gus: It's Azakaban, Shawn.
Shawn: I've heard it both ways.

From House: Everybody lies.
Epicurus wrote:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Marcus wrote:

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Posted on September 15, 2011 at 4:37 PM
jrawls9, The Demonic Swordsman

Contribution: 277 (252 + 25)
Some of mines will be kinda long...but bear with me...

Movie: Pulp Fiction

Jules: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... stop right there. Eatin' a %!?#* out, and givin' a !@?$# a foot massage ain't even the same @#%?!*' thing.
Vincent: It's not. It's the same ballpark.
Jules: Ain't no !#*%$@' ballpark neither. Now look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but, you know, touchin' his wife's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her Holiest of Holies, ain't the same *?@%*!' ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same %*@$?*' sport. Look, foot massages don't mean $#%@.
Vincent: Have you ever given a foot massage?
Jules: [scoffs] Don't be tellin' me about foot massages. I'm the foot #?%*!*' master.
Vincent: Given a lot of 'em?
Jules: ?*!$ yeah. I got my technique down and everything, I don't be ticklin' or nothin'.
Vincent: Would you give a guy a foot massage?
[Jules gives Vincent a long look, realizing he's been set up]
Jules: *!*# you.
Vincent: You give them a lot?
Jules: %?#* you.
Vincent: You know, I'm getting kinda tired. I could use a foot massage myself.
Jules: Man, you best back off, I'm gittin' a little pissed
here.

Movie: The Fifth Element

Leeloo: Everything you create, you use to destroy.
Korben Dallas: Yeah, we call it human nature.

Movie: The Lion King

Pumbaa: Hey, Timon, ever wonder what those sparkly dots are up there?
Timon: Pumbaa, I don't wonder; I know.
Pumbaa: Oh. What are they?
Timon: They're fireflies. Fireflies that, uh... got stuck up on that big bluish-black thing.
Pumbaa: Oh, gee. I always thought they were balls of gas burning billions of miles away.
Timon: Pumbaa, with you, everything's gas.

Alot more where that came from....but these should suffice for now.
Credits to Boxman for the signature

Tunes:
  Posted on September 12, 2012 at 10:09 PM
DaVinci, Prisoner

Contribution: 12 (10 + 2)
Sooooooo many

Gerard Butler: This Is SPARTTAAAAA"
(our school football defence line used to scream that every time they went in for a challenge against competing schools xD)

Liam Neeson: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But
what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for
people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I
will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Life isn't about staying inside and waiting for the storm to pass, it's about dancing in the %#@?!** rain

Bane from TDKR has a load.

I'm flying Jack!

Shark Bait ooh haha

This isn't flying, this is falling in style

'rocky speech to his son in the final rocky movie'

This will do for now :)
The world you desired can be won.
It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.
  Posted on September 14, 2012 at 7:31 PM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
Digimon: The Movie

Passenger: Did you see that?
Driver: No, I was sleeping.
Passenger: Then who's driving?!?!
  Posted on September 14, 2012 at 7:39 PM
teonaruto, The Respected Defender of Ninja Arts

Contribution: 508 (428 + 80)
Forrest Gump: My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
Tobi wrote:

The moment people come to know love, they run the risk of carrying hate

The wrote:

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

Ezio wrote:

To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic

War of Ninja- Less players, big family
  Posted on August 17, 2013 at 9:01 PM
TediMoci, The Respected Tiger of the Ancestors

Contribution: 402 (284 + 118)
Watchmen
1) Rorschach: [reading from journal] Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

2) Rorschach: You see, Doctor, God didn't kill that little girl. Fate didn't butcher her and destiny didn't feed her to those dogs. If God saw what any of us did that night he didn't seem to mind. From then on I knew... God doesn't make the world this way. We do.

Fight Club
1) Tyler Durden: You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your %!?$*#* khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

2) Tyler Durden: Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler.