Topic: Balance Update 3.2 proposal

There are no members reading this topic.

This topic was closed by Yuudai
  Posted on November 29, 2011 at 4:21 PM
Low, The Manipulative Elite

Contribution: 3,950 (3,650 + 300)
Toge's demonic presence seem very underpowered.. o.o It would totally kill off melee teams that are equipped with toge.

Isshou bit seem fine, as long as we get to kill that protector in two turns.
  Posted on November 29, 2011 at 4:21 PM
Hellawyer, The Supreme Demon, Rank 1 of PLS-2

Contribution: 937 (843 + 94)
I don't like the change in GotW. If it was necessary, ok, but there are other ways to try...
But if be implemented, some things will have to be changed, don't know if Nori will become hard to use, but Crimson Viper of the Hebi will lose a lot of his usefulness, no doubts. You will have to boost it.
  Posted on November 29, 2011 at 4:30 PM
andytheo123, Prisoner

Contribution: 667 (628 + 39)
About the order,NO.As Dutch Shinobi said,it will make OP teams.
About Toge,it will ruin him
like a boss
  Posted on November 29, 2011 at 4:36 PM
Yuudai, Savior

Contribution: 1,233 (813 + 420)
On the idea of GotW destroying (passive) protectors:
I am strongly against this. It has crossed my mind more then once, but I believe this is a far to messy solution. Items should be seen as an extension on a character, they should not change the character itself. If GotW destroyed Isshou's passive, you'd completely remove Isshou's first form where he is wearing his armor.

Having GotW damage protectors is even more messy, let alone that I'm not even sure if that's possible in the engine.

On "changing the system for a single character":
Yes, this seems a bit of an overkill. HOWEVER, this new system of destroying the newest protector first, is far more logical! I don't know why we chose the previous order way back when, but it doesn't make sense anymore tbh.

We are going to have this problem every time we create a character that has a passive protector, and I believe this is the clearest and cleanest way to tackle the problem. Yes, we'll have some balance issue's, but I don't think its anything we can't handle. I'd gladly deal with some short term balance issues to make the game more logical in the long term.
  Posted on November 29, 2011 at 4:43 PM
Roach, The Masked Samurai of the Red Dawn

Contribution: 1,303 (1,108 + 195)
Uhh.. Look, I know Isshou is about to get nerfed and everything, but you guys are overkilling melee teams. First the free caltrops, and now even more affliction damage from Toge?

You guys are practically making Toge unplayable with this nerf, like I'm not even kidding.. Impossible to pair him with range, and almost unthought of to pair him with stuns. If you're busy killing off your own character, what good is he as an ally?

On Isshou, good job, it's about time. TO people complaining about "Oh so many newww teams with Kame".

Nah, just swap in Kamiko and it's over.

the problem with Isshou is that he was strictly a swap character, making it hard to know when he would be there. If you see Kame, Nori, Amaya.. I'm pretty sure it's fairy obvious that they're going for protector spam.

The protector swap makes sense, and that is how I intially thught the game worked. Why would someone target a glove that's on her arm when she just summoned a *!%@ huge wolf?

In short, I like the Isshou part, I am extremely against this Toge nerf.

Also, I was expecting more balance than two characters.. I really wouldn't call this a balance update.
  Posted on November 29, 2011 at 5:07 PM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
I am also against the Toge nerf.

A simple Caltrops-swap would completely destroy Toge-melee teams. Assuming that Toge's teammates attacked each turn for 3 turns, that's a whopping 60 self-inflicted damage.

Not even Yuudai hurts himself THAT much in 3 turns. Or Kurai even.

And that's not even factoring in the damage that the opponents will be dealing in 3 turns.
  Posted on November 29, 2011 at 10:45 PM
elamento12, The Demonic Child of the Firehawk

Contribution: 1,860 (1,744 + 116)
Toge practically got overkilled with the last nerf and now you kill his one and only purpose in life... Leave Toge alone.
  Posted on November 30, 2011 at 12:16 AM
Chas3_Th3_Dr3am, Dreamer of the Ancestors

Contribution: 2,354 (2,097 + 257)
Yuudai wrote:

Protector destruction order changed
Currently the oldest protector is targeted first. With this hotfix, we plan to make the newest protector targeted first. On Isshou, this means that Guard of the Warbringer will be destroyed before his passive protector True Keeper of the Warbringer.

This change will affect all characters in the game. For example, equip Nori with Battle Armor and activate her summon, her summon is the newest protector so that will be targeted first.

Another example I would like you to consider is the following:

(...)

Niiro Toge

Demonic Presence
- When a teammate performs a melee skill, 5 affliction damage is dealt to that teammate.

I dislike the Protector order. It ruins the point of using BA to boost people that use protectors, liek Nori for example.

Why Toge needs a nerf? He's suck eggs at his state.
Check out my Soundcloud!

Rainbows, sunshine. Everywhere we go.
  Posted on November 30, 2011 at 12:21 AM
Yuudai, Savior

The Toge nerf is out. Lets just say we interpreted the stats wrong...

We are still pretty set on the order change though. We'll keep an eye on the stats as usual, and hot fix the characters that suffer to much from the change. It should be fine though, according to the stats they don't seem that dependent on battle armor anyway.
  Posted on November 30, 2011 at 12:32 AM
lucaslost, The Lost Wolf of the Winter

Contribution: 1,633 (1,374 + 259)
It's not on Ba's dependency, Yuudai, it's about changing the whole game (sort of).
Changing the Pr design just to nerf one single character is, sorry to say, dumb.
I suggest reworking Isshou's Protector. That's way better than the possible ruin of some characters.

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X
R.I.P. Malena Chevy ~♥
  Posted on November 30, 2011 at 12:34 AM
elamento12, The Demonic Child of the Firehawk

Contribution: 1,860 (1,744 + 116)
Isshou needs a protector rework like Lucas said.

The more you change the worst off he is without GoTW.
  Posted on November 30, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Yuudai, Savior

This update will be implemented very soon.