Topic: Balance Update 4.0 Proposal

There are no members reading this topic.

This topic was closed by Yuudai
  Posted on December 8, 2011 at 4:32 PM
3 thumbs up
Yuudai, Savior

Contribution: 1,233 (813 + 420)
This is the official proposal for Balance Update 4.0. Write you comments in this topic.

Touken Jyouzu
- Bloodletter Stab deals 5 affliction damage per turn, but the duration of the skill is decreased to 4 turns, down from 5.

Budou Nobuo
- Each time one of Nobuo's teammates dies, the duration of Meditation is increased by 1 turn.

Budou Ken
- The cooldown of Ultimate Budou is decreased to 0, down from 1.

Kemuri Arasoi
- The reduction of melee and ranged damage dealt by enemies is increased to 15, up from 5.

Honoo Youko
- The cost of Fanning the Flames is increased to 1 wisdom, up from one random.
- The duration of Wings of the Firehawk is increased to 5, up from 4. Its cooldown is increased to 4, up from 3.

Honoo Hikaru
- Fireruby Strike deals 20 melee damage, down from 25.

Kozan Jomon
- The cooldown on both Iron Star and Cutting Moon is reduced to 0, down from 1.

Seishin Tori
Reworked:

- Burning Winds
Tori affects one enemy with a Burning affliction, dealing 25 affliction damage the following turn, and grants Tori 1 Great Spirit Suzaku charge. While affected by Great Spirit Suzaku, this skill targets all enemies and bypasses invulnerability, but no longer grants Great Spirit Suzaku charges. This skill stacks.
Energy: 1 intelligence
Cooldown: 0
Mental, Instant

- Born of Fire
Not allowed during Great Spirit Suzaku. Removes Burning afflictions from Tori, heals Tori for 25 health points and grants Tori 1 Great Spirit Suzaku charge.
Energy: 1 wisdom
Cooldown: 1
Mental, Instant

- Great Spirit Suzaku
Affects Tori with Great Spirit Suzaku, altering Burning Winds for the following turn. During this time, Tori cannot go below 5 health points by enemy skills. Each Great Spirit Suzaku charge increases the duration of this skill by 1 turn. Removes all Great Spirit Suzaku charges. When ends, this skill is on cooldown for the following 2 turns.
Energy: 2 random
Mental, Instant

Seishin Ryu
- The cost of Night Fire is reduced to 1 intelligence, but the skill is on cooldown for 1 turn when it ends.
  Posted on December 8, 2011 at 4:36 PM
faisal1955, The Blue Challenger, Top 250 of PLS-3

Contribution: 22 (19 + 3)
GreEeEeEeEet

speciely boudu & honoo characters balanced

thx for this
  Posted on December 8, 2011 at 4:36 PM
1 thumbs up
4queijos, The Stoic Smoker

Contribution: 100 (83 + 17)
Honoo Youko
- The duration of Wings of the Firehawk is increased to 5, up from 4. Its cooldown is increased to 4, up from 3.

Honoo Hikaru

Those two modifications are not necessary , all the others are Good. Kurai should be nerfed too.
  Posted on December 8, 2011 at 4:40 PM
1 thumbs up
___10alex10___, The Flaming Monk of Flames

Contribution: 728 (666 + 62)
What are you guys trying to do with Youko?

I really like this balance. Ill finally use Ryu and Tori again.

Youko new Tori much?
Never give up!
  Posted on December 8, 2011 at 4:43 PM
Roach, The Masked Samurai of the Red Dawn

Contribution: 1,303 (1,108 + 195)
___10alex10___ wrote:

What are you guys trying to do with Youko?

I really like this balance. Ill finally use Ryu and Tori again.

Youko new Tori much?

They're finally balancing one of the best stuns in the game.

On topic: I still don't like the new Arasoi, I can guarantee you that he will still be underplayed and underpowered. The cost and preps required is not worth a 15 damage reduction. You should have followed through with the stun idea, imo.

Someone like Daiki who has a similar skill with no prep required still hardly uses that skill. Damage reduction based off opponent's just isn't such a grand skill when it comes right down to it.

Everything else looks completely fantastic.
  Posted on December 8, 2011 at 4:43 PM
Dakanoth, The Demonic Samurai

Contribution: 150 (21 + 129)
Jyouzu is getting his old effect on Bloodletter stab? I didn't consider him up, but it will make him more used again.

Tori will be now even weaker then before, but at least we won't have impossible to win 1vs1 situations anymore.

Jomon finally gets buffed. Me gusta.

I like other changes except Ken. He allready is deadly enough with 1 cooldown.

Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
  Posted on December 8, 2011 at 4:47 PM
hahaha3011, The Diamond Juggernaut of the Darkness

Contribution: 12 (12 + 0)
Is some greats changes but we need more changes in boses.

Sorry for the bad english =X
- STUNER VAI SE FUDER!
O WoN é sem lógica, os skills são mals especificados ou meus oponentes são hacker????
The Avengers your place is here!
  Posted on December 8, 2011 at 4:49 PM
crazymonkey3, The Dark Kid of Death

Contribution: 2,379 (2,124 + 255)
this is a nerf for tori .-.

i mean she cant gain charges?cmon

i will just point she needs a boost not a nerf!

but i guess the invul bypass balances some stuff.but still not enough
No sign for now
  Posted on December 8, 2011 at 4:49 PM
Hellawyer, The Supreme Demon, Rank 1 of PLS-2

Contribution: 937 (843 + 94)
Nice job!
But some points:
I don't know if the change in Jomon will be enough to make him useful. Anyway, is a start.
I don't think Hikaru's change was necessary. Cleasing water already slowed him down a bit and he just has 2-energy cost skills.
I'm glad you heard me about Youko needing a boost in another skill when her stun was going to be nerfed.
Jyouzo is perfect.
Ken is perfect.
Ryu is perfect.
Arasoi is nice.
Nobuo seems nice, but we'll have to see later.
Tori we'll have to see too. But I don't know, this change will make Suzaku be used just later in the game, since she will try to heal when in danger to stack one more charge. It means she will not attack aoe until the end of the game, when will probably just have one opponent alive... and after Suzako ends, she will be dead, since she will gain no more charges and Born of Fire will not be allowed. I guess I'll never see aoe Burning Winds being used frequently...

Nice job in general.
  Posted on December 8, 2011 at 4:52 PM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
Jyouzu: I think he's going to become OP again...this is hardly different from the way he used to work.

Arasoi: I love it. It's a perfect strategy for putting a hold on those annoying high-damage dealers.

Also, Takeko+Arasoi and Yukigaaru+Arasoi will become awesome combos.

Ken Umm, he just got a lot harder to defend against. But I think it'll be fine.

Youko: Perfect.

Hikaru

Ehh, I don't know how much of a difference this will make. With the flame, he currently deals 25+15+15=55 dmg. With this change, he will deal 20+15+15=50 dmg. Hardly any less unfair.

If I could make another suggestion, I would instead keep the base damage at 25, but reduce the damage per turn to 5. So then without flame, he would deal 25+5+5=35, which is pretty balanced compared to other skills of the same cost. And WITH the flame he would deal 25+10+10, which is a bit less powerful than its current state.

Jomon: Awesome

Ryu: Also awesome.

Tori: Ehh, idk about disabling charge gains during Great Spirit Suzaku. Because that would make Tori lose a lot of steam after she returns mortal. And in most cases, this means she'll be back to 5 hp and EXTREMELY vulnerable as soon as GSS wears off.

If you're gonna disable charges during GSS, do something to help Tori get back up to strength once GSS dies. Like change her heal to 30 or 35 hp. Or just outright make her immune to damage during GSS.

EDIT: Yuudai's post below me sort of calms my worries...

Nobuo: Just the edge that Nobuo needed to become useful. I think this will make him the most self-sustainable character in the game, even beating Tori and Megami.
  Posted on December 8, 2011 at 4:56 PM
1 thumbs up
Yuudai, Savior

Contribution: 1,233 (813 + 420)
crazymonkey3 wrote:

this is a nerf for tori .-.

i mean she cant gain charges?cmon

i will just point she needs a boost not a nerf!

but i guess the invul bypass balances some stuff.but still not enough

The rework for Tori will make her a much faster character. With the healing now giving her charges instead of spending them, she'll be able to charge up Suzaku much faster and much more powerful. However, once you pop Suzaku, you need to be sure that you can finish the game. The bypassing of invulnerability should be a great help there though.
  Posted on December 8, 2011 at 4:58 PM
lucaslost, The Lost Wolf of the Winter

Contribution: 1,633 (1,374 + 259)
Yuudai wrote:

This is the official proposal for Balance Update 4.0. Write you comments in this topic.

Touken Jyouzu
- Bloodletter Stab deals 5 affliction damage per turn, but the duration of the skill is decreased to 4 turns, down from 5.

Yup, pretty nice.
Yuudai wrote:

Budou Nobuo
- Each time one of Nobuo's teammates dies, the duration of Meditation is increased by 1 turn.

Ummm... increase cooldown by 1 as well, Yuudai. Otherwise it's OP.
Yuudai wrote:

Budou Ken
- The cooldown of Ultimate Budou is decreased to 0, down from 1.

So we won't be able to stun him... ever. Nonono, totally disagree with this one. Idk, make Dragon Fist bypass protectors or something.
Yuudai wrote:

Kemuri Arasoi
- The reduction of melee and ranged damage dealt by enemies is increased to 15, up from 5.

Now this is... too much. 10 instead of 15 and we've got a deal.
Yuudai wrote:

Honoo Youko

I completely agree on these.
Yuudai wrote:

Honoo Hikaru

Agreed.
Yuudai wrote:

Kozan Jomon
- The cooldown on both Iron Star and Cutting Moon is reduced to 0, down from 1.

HOLY *pies*. 15 AoE with no cd?!?!? Imagine WoO+Megami+Toge or something of the sort combos!!! Make Iron Star have one less cd, but not Cutting Moon.
Yuudai wrote:

Seishin Tori
Reworked:

- Burning Winds
Tori affects one enemy with a Burning affliction, dealing 25 affliction damage the following turn, and grants Tori 1 Great Spirit Suzaku charge. While affected by Great Spirit Suzaku, this skill targets all enemies and bypasses invulnerability, but no longer grants Great Spirit Suzaku charges. This skill stacks.
Energy: 1 intelligence
Mental, Instant

- Born of Fire
Not allowed during Great Spirit Suzaku. Removes Burning afflictions from Tori, heals Tori for 25 health points and grants Tori 1 Great Spirit Suzaku charge.
Energy: 1 wisdom
Cooldown: 1
Mental, Instant

- Great Spirit Suzaku
Affects Tori with Great Spirit Suzaku, altering Burning Winds for the following turn. During this time, Tori cannot go below 5 health points by enemy skills. Each Great Spirit Suzaku charge increases the duration of this skill by 1 turn. Removes all Great Spirit Suzaku charges. When ends, this skill is on cooldown for the following 2 turns.
Energy: 2 random
Mental, Instant

Ya, I agree.
Yuudai wrote:

Seishin Ryu
- The cost of Night Fire is reduced to 1 intelligence, but the skill is on cooldown for 1 turn when it ends.

FINALLLYYYYYYY.
I was missing my good boy's cheap Night Fire.

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X
R.I.P. Malena Chevy ~♥
  Posted on December 8, 2011 at 5:04 PM
Hellawyer, The Supreme Demon, Rank 1 of PLS-2

Contribution: 937 (843 + 94)
lucaslost wrote:

(...)
HOLY *pies*. 15 AoE with no cd?!?!? Imagine WoO+Megami+Toge or something of the sort combos!!! Make Iron Star have one less cd, but not Cutting Moon.

Throw Shuriken has no cd too. Deals 5 less damage and cost one random only. Also, can be used by any character.
  Posted on December 8, 2011 at 5:04 PM
Roach, The Masked Samurai of the Red Dawn

Contribution: 1,303 (1,108 + 195)
@Lucas: I hope you're ready to spend a specific and a random every turn for that. Pulling it off that many times is not as easy as it seems.

Also, lol SHurikens, what are those?
  Posted on December 8, 2011 at 5:05 PM
MadaraJr, The Respected Warrior of Ninja Arts

Contribution: 3 (3 + 0)
Good updates

Budou Nobuo: Now tank a litle more, using dards can win in a late game.

Kemuri Arasoi: Using the energy steals and now with a good reduction make him more usefull in games.