Topic: Balance Update v4.1 Proposal

There are no members reading this topic.

This topic was closed by Yuudai
  Posted on December 23, 2011 at 11:30 PM
EtherMage, The Swift Wolf of the Ancestors

Contribution: 44 (42 + 2)
I really like the idea of the Warbanner limiting any kind of damage including affliction. That would make it much more dynamic and bring new options to the game.

Ofc the limit could not be too low. 50 is probably fine.
  Posted on December 24, 2011 at 12:31 AM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
EtherMage wrote:

I really like the idea of the Warbanner limiting any kind of damage including affliction. That would make it much more dynamic and bring new options to the game.

...It would also completely change the mechanics of the game.

As someone stated earlier, affliction damage is meant to bypass all types of defense.
  Posted on December 24, 2011 at 1:56 AM
Mirroga, The Twisted Tactician

Contribution: 2,540 (2,265 + 275)
elamento12 wrote:

Okay lower the Limitor to 40/35.

Its not that hard to stun out of it so that limit is way to high.

I mean if the change sucks it sucks.

I agree to this. WoD has lost its effectivity when WoH existed. It'd be nice as an anti-spike if WoD limited more seeing as stuns can really stop any Warbanner item outside WoR.
  Posted on December 24, 2011 at 2:07 AM
Darkamante, The Lost Demon

Contribution: 677 (596 + 81)
Roach wrote:

(...)Piercing damage, you say. Jun, Sasori, Megami, and Jatai. Damn, that's a lot of piercing damage, don't you think?

On Akira, you forget that this was back in beta, where as stated multiple times, was a much harder time. With new characters and much better items than before, there really should be no fear of that team.

When I said piercieng, I fougth actually of Wakazashi strike and blindspot, since Jun and Jyouzu are the main spikers I guess...

The Warbanner was made to lower the spike teams, not to make them useless, these two are on those teams, that's why even if you lower the limitation of the warbanner it won be OP. Just said that.

And you're telling me that None of the meta teams are used to exaustion? I rembered the meta with the stun forever technique, upgraded with this new passivism, you could use akira jatai to avoid sake and yuki or asami. The point is: to "boost Akira" I find better to increse the damage. Even if it is mental, isn't she the Jean Grey of the mental skills? Even Amaya does more damage with her mental skill.

Another ultra-boost ideia, change beautifull dawn damage. It would still stun all the targets, and drain one energy each, but instead of 15 AoE, how about one target getting a single hit with, don't know, 25 or 30 damage? Wouldn't this boost her enough?
Don't mind me, just trying to reach #1 in the achievement ladder...

Zezima's second best player sponsored by Zezima Bank Inc.
Spoiler

I'm not playing this for now...sorry

Posted on December 24, 2011 at 4:26 AM
1 thumbs up
EtherMage, The Swift Wolf of the Ancestors

Contribution: 44 (42 + 2)
Nestec wrote:

(...)

As someone stated earlier, affliction damage is meant to bypass all types of defense.

I don't think that's a problem. New mechanics and ways to affect mechanics that already exist naturally come up with time.

The item would just say "... the character will not take more than 50 points of any kind of damage for one turn". I think it would be pretty clear.

Every mechanic in the game should have counters, and I painkillers are the only counter to affliction right now.
  Posted on December 24, 2011 at 9:28 AM
Demonkings, The Golden Demon

Contribution: 1,488 (1,318 + 170)
Nestec wrote:

(...)

It is not like it hasn't already been changed(the protector system).

Anyways I just noticed that with the new FotF, cleansing water will not help in this case since it only removes two character's burning affliction.

With the new FotF, people don't have to worry about cleansing water and its effects anymore thus, this is in reality a boost for FotF.

This will make Youko sad and Hikaru happy since it deals 20 aff to a single target bypassing invulnerability, and it has a one turn cool-down.

I would rather have this current FotF than the new one as at least there is a way for me to counter it. If this were to be implanted well...don't blame me for abusing FotF okay?
  Posted on December 24, 2011 at 10:00 AM
bekaten, The Almighty Mistress of Death

Contribution: 156 (141 + 15)
I like these changes, I dont want now itemize my opinion, maybe later